Monday, April 20, 2009

Shopping is not necessarily bad

In a radio interview today I kept getting asked what's wrong with shopping, well there is nothing wrong with shopping per se, but if you are using it as your only stress release, are accruing credit card debt or just adding to stuff you don't need then it is a problem. The return to conscious spending is about thinking and planning your shopping, saving up for something you really need and using cash to buy it. Then it will be a guilt-free purchase and you can enjoy it.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Neradine, just finished reading your book and LOVED it! Made total sense to me as trying-to-reform shopper. I find if I ever let my conscious shopper facade slip I turn to chocolate for stress relief. SO pleased your book is handbag sized so I can learn som enew mantras!

    ReplyDelete